Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A nice "thank you" letter



I last wrote about donating the largish squash to the Fairhaven Rescue Mission.  I am very pleased to report having received a lovely letter of thanks from them.  In addition to the letter, they enclosed scores of seeds from those very squash.  I asked them to save me a few, maybe half a dozen or so-- just so I could be sure I had good seeds with which to grow these champs next year.  I think they sent all the seeds! I'm so glad to have a renewed stock of germplasm for this squash; the seeds from which this year's crop grew were 3 years old, and I used up every last one that I had for this year's planting.

But here's the thing: there's no way that I will be able to use all those seeds next year or even over the next several years.  So: if you're interested in growing lovely squash such as the one pictured here -with the proviso that at least some of what you grow goes to the food charity of your choice-email me and we'll make arrangements to get some sent to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment